Cooking With John Dicks – Host Burning Rubber Radio – Weekly Blog
6/23/20 Cornbread Enchilada Skillet #21
Cornbread Enchilada Skillet
* 1 box corn muffins mix.
* 1 egg.
* 1/2 cup sour cream.
* 1/2 cup creamed corn.
* 1 onion, chopped.
* 2 cloves garlic, minced.
* 1 lb ground beef.
* 1 teaspoon cumin.
* 1 teaspoon chili powder.
* 1 teaspoon cayenne.
* 1/2 lb jalapenos, chopped.
* 1/2 cup green chilies, diced.
* 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded.
* 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
* 1/3 cup red enchilada sauce.
* Salt & pepper, to taste.
* 1/2 bunch cilantro sauce.
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
* Prepare cornbread base by combining corn muffin mix, sour cream, creamed corn and one egg. Pour into large cast iron skillet. I use an 11 inch skillet.
* Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool in pan.
* Prep enchilada base.
* In a separate skillet, saute onions over medium heat. Season with salt & pepper to taste. When translucent add garlic. Cook until fragrant.
* Add ground beef, stirring to break up the meat, add cumin, chili powder, salt & cayenne.
* Add the jalapenos & green chilies. Cook for a few minutes until soft. Add 1/2 cup each of the cheddar & Monterey Jack cheeses
* Remove skillet from stove top to drain excess fat.
* Poke surface of cornbread base with handle of a wooden spoon. Pour enchilada sauce over cornbread. Make sure to cover the entire surface.
* Spread meat mixture over cornbread base.
* Top with leftover cheese.
* Bake for another 20 minutes.
* If you want a crisper crust, broil for 5 minutes.
* Top with chopped cilantro.
Serve immediately while still warm & Enjoy !!!
You Have A Favorite Recipe? Email it John at firstname.lastname@example.org