Cooking With John Dicks – Host Burning Rubber Radio – Weekly Blog
7/1/20 Gluten – Free Corn Dogs #23
Gluten – Free Corn Dogs
* 1/3 cup white rice flour.
* 1/3 cup tapioca flour.
* 1/3 cup cornstarch.
* 1 teaspoon potato flour.
* 2 tablespoons sugar.
* 1 teaspoon salt.
* 2 teaspoons baking powder.
* 2 teaspoons dry mustard.
* 1 teaspoon xanthan gum.
* 1 1/4 cups of buttermilk.
* 2 eggs, beaten.
* 2/3 cup cornmeal.
* 10 hotdogs.
* 10 wooden skewers.
* Mix together all dry ingredients.
* Add egg & buttermilk & stir well.
* The batter will be fairly thick, if too thick, add a little water.
* Put hot dogs on skewers.
* Dip hot dogs into batter and deep fry until golden brown.
* This make enough batter to cover 10 hot dogs.
* If you have any leftover
batter, just use a spoon and fry small amounts like hush puppies. They make great dippers.
Happy 4th of July & Enjoy !!!
You Have A Favorite Recipe? Email it John at firstname.lastname@example.org