Cooking With John Dicks – Host Burning Rubber Radio – Weekly Blog
6/24/20 Chicken and Dumpling Casserole #22
Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
* 1/2 cup salted butter ( 1 stick ).
* 1 cup, small onion, chopped.
* 2 ribs celery, chopped.
* 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced.
* 1 cup Self-rising Flour.
* 1 cup milk.
* 2 cups chicken broth.
* 1 can cream of chicken soup, 10.75 oz.
* Salt & pepper to taste.
* Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
* Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
* In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter & add chopped onion & celery.
* Cook for about 8-10 minutes, season with salt & pepper.
* Pour the butter & veggie mixture into your prepared baking dish.
* Add the chicken on top of the vegetables.
* In a small bowl combine Self-rising Flour with milk.
* Pour this mixture over chicken. ( Do not stir mixture)
* In another small bowl combine the chicken broth with the cream of chicken soup.
* Pour this mixture over chicken. Do not mix the layers.
* Bake for about 45-50 minutes.
* You can use store bought rotisserie or left over chicken.
* You must use self-rising flour in this recipe. ( Not all- purpose flour ).
You Have A Favorite Recipe? Email it John at email@example.com