It’s the moment you all wait for every quarter: the release of the latest iRacing build! 2023 Season 2 is here, and it comes with three new cars, a new track, tons of new AI unlocks new features, and much more. Here’s a quick look at some of what to expect from the new build:
- Late Model Stock: Used in the CARS Late Model Stock Tour, iRacing’s newest stock car comes straight from the championship-winning stable at JR Motorsports.
- Renault Clio R.S. V: Used around the world in the Renault Clio Cup, this fun, agile FWD machine carries the heritage of decades of single-make racing powered by Renault.
- Ray FF1600: The machine of choice for up-and-comer Max Esterson in one of the world’s most historic entry-level racing formulas, the Ray FF1600 is the latest addition to iRacing’s open-wheel ladder.
- Circuito de Jerez–Ángel Nieto: Former home to both the Spanish and European Grand Prix, Jerez features two configurations and becomes the latest European road course on the sim.
- New Damage Model: The Ray FF1600 debuts with the NDM enabled, while the Toyota GR86 also gets an NDM update!
- AI Racing: Not only does all of this season’s new car and track content come AI-ready, but the Mercedes-AMG W13 E Performance and tracks like Barcelona, Suzuka, and Zandvoort also have all their layouts unlocked. In addition, the new Atlanta oval, LA Coliseum, Pocono, and Darlington headline a deep list of oval unlocks.
- Auto Fuel: A new refueling option uses your lap data to calculate fuel settings and help you take just enough fuel to make it to the finish, or determining how much you’d like to spare.
- Car Parameter Updates: The NASCAR Cup Series Next Gen cars have received tire and drafting parameter updates, while the Dallara iR-01’s aerodynamics have been updated to aid in oval racing.
- Dynamic Brake Audio System: GTE, GT3, GT4, and Touring Cars will all produce different sounds under braking depending on brake temperature and pressure.
- iRacing (UI) Visual Refresh: Enjoy a new, modern look for the iRacing application! Various fixes and improvements to modernize the user experience have also been added.
Head to the iRacing Forums for full details on the new build!